Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back Back, to Kashmir Kashmir






This past year was full of randomness. Without getting too far into the details, (don't want to spoil any future blog posts!) I did manage to go back to Kashmir again. After going last year to shoot a documentary called Azadi-Freedom (click here for trailer,) I was keen to get back there after word that a helicopter had finally been brought in.
Kashmir is one of those places that grows on you instantly. It is almost unexplainable how the sites, smells, and sounds just grab a hold of you and won't let go. Going back felt like going home. It was great to see friendly faces that I had gotten to know a winter before. On top of that, our film had been well received by the locals and visitors alike. A refreshing note was that I was meeting people that had gone to Kashmir for the first time only because they had seen the film. That was a very humbling feeling.
While in Gulmarg, I helped out on 2 webisodes produced by Jase Hancox. (See more of his stuff here.) He was hired by Gulmarg Heli Ski to produce 4 webisodes as weekly updates for the first year of operation.

These are 2 that I helped on:

No comments:

Post a Comment